Friday, March 1, 2013

Money saving tips that will help you through the end of winter


 





This is the time of year that I start to wonder how to save money. Unfortunately, it’s also the time of colder days and higher heating bills. I have found that with these simple tricks I can keep the house comfy and lower my energy bills.

  •         The first thing is CHANGE THE DIRTY FILTER !!!
                                                                                               

Now to most people this is a no brainer; but the cleaner your filter is, the more efficiently your furnace will run.                                                                                                           
****To schedule me to come out and show you how to change your filter, click this link to contact me Airclaws, Inc







  •         Along with changing your filter regularly, have your heating and air conditioning system professionally cleaned twice a year -
               1. right before the summer cooling season and
               2. right before winter when the furnace works the hardest
                 
                 to keep the efficiency at its best.
 
  •       Also, by learning how to use my programmable thermostat, I have been amazed to see the difference in savings. By setting the thermostat to run just 5 degrees cooler when I’m asleep and 10 degrees cooler when I’m gone to work, I can save almost $200 per heating season. The neatest thing to me about using a programmable thermostat? I never feel the colder temps.  By programming the thermostat to return to normal temps about an hour before I wake up or get home I save money and stay toasty.                                                                                                                                         
  •        Filling cracks around windows with clear caulk and blocking drafts near the door jam are low tech and helpful ways to save some more  money. 
Hope these tips help you save some money WHILE you stay toasty this winter.

***Shelly




No comments:

Post a Comment